As you are no doubt aware the government has rolled out a 4 step easing of restrictions starting from 8th March so we’ve been considering how we begin to re-introduce services in line with the gradual lifting of restrictions.
15TH of March the BAT Bus is back
From Monday 15th March we will be re-introducing the BAT bus shopping bus service to Castlepoint Shopping Park and Sovereign centre, Boscombe and the booking line will re-open at 10.00am on Friday 12th to take bookings for Monday. Covid safety measures have to be continued and therefore may I remind you of the following requirements:-
- You need to continue to wear a face mask whilst travelling (please let us know if you are not able to wear one due to a medical condition) we have a limited supply of disposable masks on the bus should you need one.
- We will be limiting the number of passengers on the bus and shopping time is reduced to up to 1 ¾ hours to allow for 2 services to run per day if necessary.
- Social distancing is in place on the bus and passengers from different households will not be able to sit together unless they are within a support bubble.
- Bookings will be taken the working day before travel on 01202 399771 between 10 and 11.00am (as per usual) depending on your post code.
- All payments now will be taken over the phone via debit card at the time of booking – drivers are not able to handle cash.
- Regrettably, you will not be able to visit the Shopmobility unit unless you are hiring a scooter – 1 customer at a time limit applies within the Shopmobility unit.
Monday & Thursday: Zone A – BH1, BH5, BH6, BH7, BH8 & BH9 (BH9 east of Wimborne Road)
Tuesday & Friday: Zone B – BH2, BH3, BH4, BH9 (BH9 west of Wimborne Road) BH10 & BH11
Please note that some SEDCAT staff remain ‘furloughed’ as we are not yet operating to
full capacity and our office closes at 2.00pm. Once you book a place, you will need to phone before 2.00pm for your pick up time.
We hope to be in a position to offer indoor outings once again such as pub lunches etc. from the week beginning 17th May. In the meantime if you would like to join us for a local ‘outdoor’ trip in the bus, stopping off for a takeaway coffee, cake, etc. during a week day afternoon, then please do make contact with us. We will arrange to take small groups of passengers as and when we can starting from 29th March. We have a few ‘picnic’ chairs which we can take on board but you may wish to bring your own fold up chair and this is recommended.
The monthly Wimborne shopping trip will run again on the 29th March and you will be able to pre-book this from 22nd March. Please be aware that only essential shops such as Waitrose and Co-op are open prior to the 12th April. There is a takeaway business serving snacks and drinks in Wimborne town centre but we are not certain whether outside tables and chairs will be provided by that date.
We are able to offer transport to local hospitals – the Royal Bournemouth, Christchurch and now Poole hospital (subject to capacity) using our Hospital Hop service. The vehicle is fitted with a protective screen and the driver has PPE. As more of our volunteer drivers return or new drivers are recruited we can begin to offer a wider Community Car service for essential appointments. Local clubs will no doubt be re-commencing from mid -April so there will be a demand on the resources that we can provide. You can book on 01202 309433 from 10am until 2pm Monday to Fridays and you should give as much notice as possible, particularly in the current circumstances when we are operating with a reduced work force.
We are currently reviewing the minibus services and there may be some changes which will take place at a later date.
The Shopmobility at Castlepoint which is also the sedcat main office is moving at the end of April to the new site underneath Sainsbury’s in car park A – the red car park as it is now called but all phone numbers will remain as before. The contact address will not change and the post office delivery service will be aware that we have moved.
Please take care and we look forward to seeing you all again very soon.
Best wishes on behalf of all at sedcat